• The New York Empire is one of six teams competing in the Mylan World TeamTennis league.
o New York Empire
o Orange County Breakers
o Philadelphia Freedoms
o San Diego Aviators
o Springfield Lasers
o Washington Kastles
• Mylan WTT was co-founded by the legendary Billie Jean King and is operating it's 41st season in 2016.
• The unique and innovative format features 2 men and 2 women on a team and 5 sets of tennis are played each night – one set each of men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles, and mixed doubles. Whichever team wins the most games at the end of the 5 sets, wins the match. Click here for more Mylan WTT Rules.
• There is an electric atmosphere at each match unlike any other tennis event you have ever attended – we encourage cheering for your hometown team, we have pre-match activities, contests on-court, and world-class tennis in an intimate stadium.
• All children 16 years old and younger have the opportunity to come on the court at the end of each match to get autographs from the players.
• The NY Empire will play 7 home matches and 7 on the road in its quest for the Mylan WTT Championship. Season dates are July 16 – August 2. The top two teams will advance to the Mylan WTT Finals, to be held in the San Diego area.